Tuesday, 2 June 2009
Garlic to thicken hair
Yet another cooking item finds it's way to your hair. After Lisa asked me about treatment for hair loss/thinning I went to work on it immediately and I found out using this famous Garlic Recipe you can reduce thinning of hair. It might not smell as good as the Rosemary or honey, but I guess it helps a lot and that's what matters.
1 tablespoon of aloe gel
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of garlic juice
2 egg yolks
3 tablespoons of chamomile (tea bag content is fine to use)
24 fluid oz of water
1) Peel garlic and use a garlic press to squeeze the juice out
2) Mix it with honey and place the bowl in the fridge
3) Boil water with chamomile tea for about 30 minutes
4) Stir occasionally
5) When tea is done, take the bowl with honey and garlic juice out of the fridge
6) Stir in an egg yolk into the garlic juice/honey mix
7) Add Aloe Vera gel to the mix.
8) Use the mix and gently rub it in your scalp. When you run out of the paste, wrap a towel around your head.
9) Keep on your head for 20 minutes and wash once with a neutral shampoo (I used Johnson's Baby shampoo). Rub in the second egg yolk and wash off using only warm water.
10) To finish off, wash your hair off with the previously prepared chamomile tea.
It seems garlic prevents hairloss by killing parasites and bacteria on your scalp that may be causing the hair loss and also by nourishing your hair follicles.
You could also try this:
60 minutes before you go to sleep, crush up a garlic clove and then rub the clove into the area of hair loss. It is important that the juice of the clove is smeared over the area fully and firmly.
Do NOT rub the the crushed clove too hard against the scalp, or you may cause traction alopecia - baldness caused by pulling on hair.
Leave for 60 minutes and then apply olive oil, gently rubbing the olive oil into the scalp.
For sleeping, you will need to wear a shower cap or something similar.
When you awake the next day, the first thing you should do is shampoo your hair.
(Adding a garlic extract to shampoo can also help to further strengthen hair and stop any breakage, while, at the same time, it can add good body to the hair and a nice gloss).
This hairloss and baldness remedy will work best if you can do this for a few weeks.
Hopefully, the hair will no longer be falling out and may start to re-grow.