All of a sudden, I'm crazy about the whole concept of crotcheting in relation to locking. I love crotcheting funny little stuff like small cell phone bags but now, the bags aside, it's crotcheting locks now. Considering there is a lot about crotcheting in relation to locks I'll do a series like I did back then with the head wraps. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
For those who are still looking for a method of starting their locks, crotcheting is also a possibility.
2. Push the crochetting needle through Twist the hair at least a quarter turn more, and then push the needle through a little more hair at about a 45 degrees angle from the last loop.a small subsection of the loc. This should only be maybe 10-20 hairs thick.
3.A little further down the loc, twist it until at least the side of the loc that was away from you, is now facing towards you.
4. Then push the needle through some hair that is at about a 45 degree angle from where your initial loop is.
5. Pull this second loop through the first one.
6. Twist the hair at least a quarter turn more, and then push the needle through a little more hair at about a 45 degrees angle from the last loop.
7. Then pull this loop through the last one.
Continue this cycle of twisting and looping until you run out of hair. Then pull the last loop all the way through until it's loose.
Courtesy of Cornrows